It’s easy to fall into a perfectionist attitude. Writing can always be improved, and the weight of the subject drives me to revise every word many times. This approach prevented me from publishing anything—from now on, I plan to post more frequently.
I like to use English translations of any originally Arabic words. This makes the writing more accessible. At the same time, I place the original word in [brackets] so it’s clear what I’m referring to at the same time. Likewise, I use the words God and Allah interchangeably.
Please email me directly to send comments, suggestions or complaints.
I’m a student who hopes to want to try to seek sacred knowledge. In my free time, I work on some apps.
This website is named after… me. Other than simply identifying the author, this is because:
- To name this site something fancy could be a cause of arrogance.
- It’s a disclaimer that everything here is written by a random person. A fancy name like Muslim Lamp (made-up example) could unintentionally mislead people, or at least help them forget that this site is no authority.
- To remind you that an ordinary person is producing something and trying, so there is no reason why you can’t do better and more!
- A ‘cool’ title like Lightning Claps (that’s my previous site, actually!), can be improved or just grow out of taste. But I can stick to my name.
- My name has been always been reserved online, so I never intend to let go of this website address 😝.