This website is now 2 years old. Wow! Praise to Allah.
Muslims will be at home with the topics, themes and terms on this website. People who believe in other Abrahamic faiths will find a lot of familiar territory, helping them understand the parts of Islam that are new to them. And people of other beliefs will benefit from a deep-dive into a fresh worldview that’s still relatable.
My name is: at the top of every page on this website! More than just identifying the author, this is because:
- To name this site something fancy could be a cause for arrogance.
- It’s a warning that every word here is written by a random person you don’t know. A fancy name like Muslim Lamp (made-up example) could unintentionally mislead people, or help them forget that this site is no authority.
- To remind you that an ordinary person is producing something and trying, so there is no reason why you can’t do better and more!
- A ‘cool’ title like Lightning Claps (that’s my previous site, actually), can be improved or grow out of taste, causing problems later on.
- My name has been always been reserved online, so I intend to never let go of this website address, insha Allah!
I spend time studying the religion, writing for people (articles) and for machines (programming). I love it when I can combine all three, like with this website! I’m very interested in the humanities too.
Feel free to email me about anything from the link at the bottom 👇🏼
Also, if you enjoy the pictures featured on this site, visit this gallery to see more and learn about the photographers.