There is a wide selection of Qur’an apps for mobile devices, but when it comes to computers there are
almost no apps that balance powerful features with a focused reading experience and beautiful interface.
Qawl aims to change that — see it in action:
Qawl is a Qur’an reader made specially for desktop/laptop computers. It brings the popular and standardized Madina muṣḥaf to digital platforms — combining the time-tested effectiveness of the mushaf with the conveniences of technology.
It’s highlight features include:
- Lightning-fast startup and performance ⚡
- Ultra high-quality scanned muṣḥaf 📷
- Precise user-controlled zoom 🔎
- Powerful navigation using table of contents, page flip, or direct entry 🎯
- One-click access to recitations, tafsir and translations (online) 📚
- Beautiful and effective design 🔮
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts 🎹
- Offline support ☁
- Dark theme 🌙
- Instantly resumes from your last read page, zoom and theme 💾
- Natural interactions with simple click-and-drag scrolling, trackpad pinch gestures, and automatic entry when pressing number keys ✋🏼
- Encourages focus with an interface that auto-hides when you don’t need it 🧠
- Helpful tooltips to explain all features and teach keyboard shortcuts 💭
Additionally, Qawl is fully open source — meaning that all the code is openly available. Anyone can submit improvements, report issues and help out, meaning that this project is not dependent on one person, and is made to last a long time. Simplicity and elegance, focus and calm.
Get Qawl for Windows, macOS and Linux