There is a wide selection of Quran apps for mobile devices, but for computers there are
almost no apps that balance powerful features with a focused reading experience and beautiful interface.
Qawl aims to change that—see it in action:
Qawl is a Quran reader made specially for desktop/laptop computers. It brings the popular and standardized Madina mushaf to digital platforms. It combines the time-tested effectiveness of the mushaf with the conveniences of technology.
It’s highlight features include:
- Lightning-fast startup and performance ⚡
- Ultra high-quality scanned mushaf 📷
- Precise user-controlled zoom 🔎
- Powerful navigation using table of contents, page flip, or direct entry 🎯
- One-click access to recitations, tafsir and translations (online) 📚
- Beautiful and effective design 🔮
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts 🎹
- Offline support ☁
- Dark theme 🌙
- Instantly resumes from your last read page, zoom and theme 💾
- Natural interactions with simple click-and-drag scrolling, trackpad pinch gestures, and automatic entry when pressing number keys ✋🏼
- Encourages focus with an interface that auto-hides when you don’t need it 🧠
- Helpful tooltips to explain all features and teach keyboard shortcuts 💭
Additionally, Qawl is fully open source: all the code is freely available and anyone can submit improvements, report issues and help out—this project is not dependent on one person, and is made to last a long time.
Simplicity and elegance, focus and calm.
Get Qawl for Windows, macOS and Linux